Summer Reading Program
HOW IT WORKS
- Summer Reading registration begins May 23rd through July 26th.
- Reading Logs may be turned in the first week of June (June 3 – June 8).
- Participants must only read library material. School children must try and read at or above their current reading level. Children 0-9 may have their books read to them.
- All books must be tracked by using our Tracking Time Sheet. Please ask the circulation desk for one upon registration.
- Log books must be stamped weekly.
First Level Award: Ages 0-17
Must read a minimum of 2 hours per week for 4 weeks – (books will be stamped weekly).
You can earn….
- Swim Pass @ Palmyra Community Pool
- Sign Reading Certification Completion
Second Level Award: Ages 0-17
Must read at least 2 hours per week for 8 weeks – (books will be stamped weekly)
PLUS one subject book read per week.
Subject 1: Solar System / Planets
Subject 2: Star Wars/ Historic / Fantasy/ Romance
Subject 3: Robots/ Aliens / Space Beings
Subject 4: New Author To You
Subject 5: Award Nominee Book (Lists are available at the Card Catalog computers)
Subject 6: Astronauts / Space Travel / Rockets / Sports
Subject 7: Day or Nite / Astrology / Mystery / Adventure
Subject 8: Moon / Sun / Stars-Constellations
You can earn….
- Personal Pan Pizza from Pizza Hut
- Subway/Breadeaux (while supplies last)
- BUILD! Book Bag (while supplies last)
(PRIZES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
****GRAND PRIZES WILL BE DRAWN ON JULY 29TH****